Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cycle Day 3: AM shot

Today it's another 100+ day in New York City, a fun day to be undergoing hormone stimulation.  I have visions of myself drenched on the subway today, after a hot flash attack.

I couldn't bring myself to stab myself quickly with the Gonal-F needle again.  I watched with horrible fascination as the needle entered my skin slowly...  and I definitely felt the Gonal-F needle go in this time-- I think I may have been pinching the injection site too hard.  Next time, I might try just injecting the needle without pinching at all.  And the thought I had to help alleviate the sting from the Menopur shot is to, 1) bring the diluent-- the solution I use to mix up the Menopur powder-- to room temp before using it tonight, 2) ice the injection site before inserting the needle.

In terms of side effects, none noticeable yet, except I feel like my face looks really bloated-- but that may be my imagination.

I've written my doctor this morning asking him to contextualize my course of treatment.  I do not expect tons of attention from my doctor, but I do expect someone to let me know why I'm taking the amount of medicine I'm taking, and what exactly the follicle count pronouncement means ("six on each side").

No comments:

Post a Comment