Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cycle Day 6: Halfway Through?

It's still not easy giving myself shots, but I'm getting used to it.  I admit that the Menopur is still unpleasant, and I think that what makes it worse is the ritual of mixing it all up-- it builds anticipation, but not in a good way.  I have a constellation of red dots around my belly button where I've stuck myself with needles.

In terms of side effects, I'm starting to see my belly swell a little bit.  I'm not sure if it's what I'm eating or if it's the medication.  My shoes felt a little bit tight today, so I think it must be due in part to the hormones, rather than simple weight gain.

I've had good energy and spirits despite the stims until yesterday.  Around 6pm, I hit a wall and was so very tired.  Getting up this morning was tough too.  Once I get going, I'm alright, but I do get tired earlier in the day.  I think it's the cumulative effect of the hormones building inside of me now that I've been stimming for four of five days.  I've decided to make myself leave the office by 6pm every day this week, and lots of modified reclined bound angle pose.

Tomorrow morning I go in for yet another ultrasound and more bloodwork.  We'll see how those follicles are doing and whether I need to begin the Ganirelix, which will be a new shot I take alongside the Menopur.  The Gonal-F and Menopur I've been taking are supposed to stimulate the ovaries and help grow multiple follicles; the Ganirelix is supposed to suppress the hormones that would make me ovulate, allowing the follicles to grow to maturity (until I release it with the Ovidrel).  When I start the Ganirelix, I'm supposed to increase my Menopur dose-- I hope that it doesn't mean it hurts more...

No comments:

Post a Comment