Friday, July 29, 2011

Cycle Day 9: One More Day

I went to the doctor this morning, and she said that it looks like I will probably be on meds for one more day and then trigger tomorrow night for Monday AM retrieval.  Missing Monday is tough as we have some big meetings that day...

I have to go into the doctor again tomorrow for another look to confirm whether I should trigger.

We took a look at my ovaries, and on the right side, it looks like there are about six follicles, one of which is ready to pop.  On the left ovary, we have some less encouraging news-- looks like only three or four of them are growing to the appropriate size (whereas we'd counted six two days ago).  This means that while we saw about five or six big ones a couple of days ago, only three or four have continued to get bigger.  This is bad news because only the bigger ones have a chance of producing mature eggs, and so this means that it looks like I will retrieve fewer mature follicles eggs than before.  There are others, but they're small, and at this late stage, I doubt they will catch up.

I was disappointed to receive this news because now it looks like at most they'd retrieve nine or ten large eggs (whereas it was looking like 12 a few days ago), and probably not all of them will be mature...  Just seems like the numbers are dwindling.  I wonder if dermoid cyst on my left ovary is causing problems?  Am I sleeping on my left side too much or not enough?  My left abdomen did feel unusually tender after my shots last night.   Swollen, almost...

Anyway, what can I do?  It is what it is.  Awaiting the call from the nurse this afternoon telling me how much medication to take.  Have made last minute acupuncture appointment for this evening.  Even if it doesn't help the little ones grow, maybe it will help alleviate the stress I'm feeling.

Morale is low today.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marin, I've just done reading all of your blogs on "Adventures in Egg Freezing" and i would like to tell you its really worth investing time for reading full article. Now-a-days, one doesn't find such an amazing blog full of detailed information and unknown facts. Also You have created a very intresting blog out of such sensitive topic. Kudos to your writing skills. You truly deserve to be appreciated. Being a IVF treatment consultant I have been really impressed by your process presentation skills. I would like to mention that Don’t let fertility issues stop you from making a family. Try and know more about
    Infertility Treatment in Mumbai
    Expect the best only at IVF Spring, Mumbai, and leave your stress behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring such an acknowledging blog. It was really amazing going through the facts related to surrogacy that you've mentioned! Apart from this I would like to tell you that I'm a Surrogacy consultant and I've been treating Surrogacy and Infertility cases since last 12 years! Also I would like to share a little information about Surrogacy in USA. You should know these basic aspects of the surrogacy process and surrogacy laws in USA before making a final decision. The surrogacy laws have many people often thinking ‘Is surrogacy legal in USA?’. The answer is yes. Surrogacy friendly states such as California, Maine, Washington DC etc. support commercial surrogacy for homosexual couples, heterosexual couples, and singles opting for parenthood through surrogacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete